Not all classes managed to race on Tuesday, halfway through the 2022 Allianz Youth Sailing World Championships in The Hague.
The forecast is looking stronger for Wednesday, which is just enough to get some fleets back on track with a few more races. The strength of the current will be less important if the forecast wind of 13 knots comes from the north.
Among the British competitors, Charlie Dixon remains tied by three points with Hidde van der Meer of Holland for the lead in the men’s windsurfer, and in the men’s single sculls Santiago Sesto Cosby and Leo Wilkinson are now in third place, with 17 points from behind the leaders. Maximo Videla and Tadeo Funes de Riaoja from Argentina.
In women’s windsurfing, Lucy Kenyon remains sixth after four races, and Ella Geiger sixth in women’s kitesurfing after seven races.
Mattia Maini is tenth after eight races in men’s kiteboarding.
On the women’s side, Ellen Moorley and Hazel McDonnell are ninth after six races.
In the men’s/mixed two-seater multihull, Jasmine Williams and Sam Cox are seventh after six races.
The 51st edition of the Youth Sailing World Championships takes place in The Hague, the Netherlands, from July 8 to 15, 2022.
Other GBR locations:
Men’s single-seater dinghy – 41st GBR Thomas Grit
Female one-person dinghy – Honorary Procter of the 42nd GBR
Men’s/Mixed Two-Person Dinghy – 11th GBR Alice Davis and Oliver Rayner
Women’s Two-Person Dinghy – 13th GBR Megan Farrer and Ellie Rush
Male/mixed two-seater multihull – 7th GBR jasmine Williams / Sam Cox.
Leaders of the general classification after the third day:
* Men’s kiteboarding after 8 races – Riccardo Pianosi ITA with 7 points
Women’s kiteboarding after 7 races -Julia DAMASIEWICZ POL with 5 points
Male windsurfer after 4 races – Hidde van der MEER NED with 3 points
Windsurfer after 4 races – Tamar STEINBERG ISR with 3 points
Men’s single-seater dinghy after 3 races – Sebastian KEMPE BER with 2 points
Women’s single-seater dinghy after 3 races – Eve McMAHON IRL with 2 points
* Male/Mixed Tandem Dinghy after 6 races – Marc MESQUIDA and Ramon JAUME ESP with 17 points
* Female tandem dinghy after 6 races – Amelie WEHRLE and Amelie RINN GER with 12 points
* Men’s double scull after 8 races – Maximo VIDELA and Tadeo FUNES of RIOJA ARG with 16 points
* Women’s two-seater single scull after 6 races – Lucie GOUT and Fleur BABIN FRA with 11 points
* Men’s/Mixed Tandem Multihull after 6 races – Daniel and Nora Garcia De La Casa ESP with 8 points
* Updated race score
Full results available here. . .